The body needs energy and nutrients for proper functioning. These ingredients are absorbed from the food that we eat and for that, the stomach should be in a healthy condition. To maintain a healthy body, a healthy stomach is important. Some of the important factors and tips to keep in mind for the same are given here. These are recommended by the best gastroenterologist in Sydney.
What matters is the correct balance of nutritious food and exercise. But you can follow the tips to ensure that the nutrients are properly absorbed from a healthy stomach and utilized by the body.
- Eating a hi-fibre diet is important. That aids in the digestion and absorption process. The fibre rich foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains help in keeping the stomach in a healthy condition.
- We need both the kinds of fibres, soluble and non-soluble. These two kinds work together and help in the proper elimination of wastes from the body. The stools containing the excretory matter should be regularly eliminated to maintain a healthy gut.
- Limit consumption of fatty foods as much as possible. The fats slow down the process of digestion and put extra burden on stomach and liver.
- There are some healthy bacteria living in the gut area that help in digestion of foods. These may be killed due to certain medication or in the event of some infection. Add some probiotic foods, like yogurt, kimchi, or kombucha tea to help in repopulating the stomach with healthy bacteria.
- Maintain a proper schedule of food and sleeping and exercising. This will help the stomach to work and relax at a decent pace.
- Drink enough water, this is an advice from every doctor so no explanation needed for this point.
- Smoking, drinking, and other kinds of drugs and chemicals may have harmful effect on the mechanism so limit or stop consumption of these.
- Last but not the least, try to avoid stress as that really puts the digestion process and stomach into a stressed state as well.
Follow the tips as much as possible to avoid stomach and digestive problems as these are the keys to a healthy body and healthy mind.…